Get inspired by our online conversation with Licia in English!
1. Dear Licia, we know that you live in Milan, Italy, it’s been a long time since the North of Italy is in quarantine. It is not an easy situation at all, how long it’s been since you stay at home now and what is your receipt for mental health survival? How do you personally deal with this situation?
Today is 18 days of total quarantine, I went out just one time at the grocery but right now I buy everything online.
The mental health is my first priority in a situation like this so I’ve done lists of what I would like to do during the day, usually, I start like this:
- 06:30 – meditation and pranayama
- 07:00 – yoga practice
- 08:30 – breakfast
- 09:00 – work
- 13:00 – lunch
- 14:00 – work
- 16:00 – workout
- 17:00 – free time (reading, writing, dancing, playing with my boyfriend)
I suggest reading a book, Miracle Morning because could be helpful in building a new morning routine.
2. How this situation affects your work? Can you still produce new pieces, distribute them normally?
Luckily I have part of my warehouse where I live, so I can safely ship the orders of my online store that is fully active.
My productions are based near Milan, so right now I can’t produce new things because all my supplier has shut down.
This is the time when people are forced to dedicate time to themself, to think about what’s around and what’s inside themself.
They are learning to have 5 minutes for themself and maybe to wear nail polish as a new self ritual or they are starting to practice yoga, pilates or some workout at home and they are looking for some conscious brand like mine, that produce everything with recycled materials.
I always pushed people to see the better side of themselves and to find meaning within the ordinary, and I always advocated for sustainable and local manufacturing.
Here is the time to embrace transformation.
3. Our customers are slowly falling in love with your nail polishes, the colors are beautiful! Do you plan some more colors in the future or any other beauty products?
Yes, there are new nail polish colors and new products! I’m super excited because I’ve dedicated so much time for developing everything and I hope I can have a new production for June/July.
4. Other parts of the label are women’s soft sports sets – a bra and legging. I have the opportunity to try it myself for my yoga practice. It’s super cozy, from recycled materials and of course made in Italy in a cool color scheme. Customers here were curious if they could buy it anytime in Object. We have already discussed it, but it was not possible at the time.. Any chance to change in the future?
I absolutely hope we can do a collaboration when the times will be better!
5. Please tell us, how did you find your way to such a specific approach to the colors. I think they are very important in your work…
To me colors are emotions. I dress my self through my feeling and colors are just silently showing to you and to other people who you are.
6. As could be seen at your social media, you practice yoga and meditation. Do you use any online classes or podcasts for guiding you? What does a breath work mean to you?
Breathing is everything to me because breathing is the only way to control your mind.
There’s some app that I use:
Insight Timer –> perfect to count the time of the meditations and there are tons of mindfulness practices
Calm and Headspace –> are similar and they help you to practice meditation
Youper –> is a nice App that help you journaling
Mindbody –> to check-in all the classes I like
7. And the last question is a little bit philosophical, but still the most important for me right now:
The aim in my life is to search for a beauty, I have noticed that I can’t live without nice things around me and I’m trying to spread it around. In this particular moment, this may seem useless, as there are more important and vital thoughts going around. How do you deal with this fact, do you have this dilemma in your head as well? Does it still make sense to do what we do?
Like you, I love to be adorned by meaningful objects but at the same time, I’ve learned that the most important thing is to be happy with yourself.
My idea, as a customer, in my past, and in my future is to keep on buying only objects and brands with who I would like to befriend, have dinner. A brand that respects my values and that respects people and the earth, that have a vision and that pushes me to be a better person.